What is cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT)? It is one of the leading therapies for treating addiction and other mental health conditions for individuals of all ages. When combined with medication and holistic therapies like mindfulness and meditation, it creates a whole-person recovery experience that promotes a healthy mind and lifelong sobriety. Teens and young adults can benefit from CBT as it can teach them how to change their negative thoughts and behaviors before they impact their natural development and education.
At Kiwi Recovery, we help teens and young adults who are struggling with depression, post-traumatic stress disorder, addiction, or other treatable mental health concerns. Our team has experience treating people from all walks of life, and they take the time to build close relationships with each of our clients. They work with them in private and group therapy sessions to develop new coping skills and the confidence to handle any stressful situation without triggering any symptoms. To discover the benefits of cognitive-behavioral therapy for young adults, call 617.751.6610 or send us a message online today, and we will get back to you within 24 hours.
What Is Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy?
Cognitive-behavioral therapy is a form of psychotherapy or talk therapy that helps men and women stop negative and harmful thinking patterns and replace them with positive ways of thinking. It uses several proven techniques that aid in identifying and naming disruptive thought patterns and developing strategies to manage and change them.
Here are four of the techniques that CBT uses to improve people’s lives:
- Identifying negative and harmful thinking patterns – Therapists teach clients how to identify which thoughts or emotions are behind their disorder and learn to recognize what triggers them. This process allows people to gain a better understanding of themselves and how their minds work.
- Developing new coping skills – Clients will learn new coping skills to stop negative thoughts from triggering their symptoms and practice these skills in group therapy with their peers. This also gives them a chance to improve their communication and listening skills, which will benefit them in numerous ways.
- Setting realistic goals – This technique is very important for making positive changes and building a healthy lifestyle. During CBT, therapists work with clients to strengthen their goal-setting skills by setting small, realistic goals that lead up to the main goal of a healthy and happy mindset.
- Problem-solving skills – Therapists will teach clients beneficial problem-solving skills that will allow them to identify the thoughts or emotions that are causing a problem. They learn to focus on the issue, contemplate the best solution, and implement it before things get out of control.
At Kiwi Recovery, our mission is to provide you with the best therapies and treatments to aid in your recovery. We will be with you through every step and answer any questions you have, including what is CBT and other programs that are part of your treatment program.
The Effectiveness of Young Adult Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy
A young adult cognitive-behavioral therapy program is very effective in treating a number of mental health concerns and can improve other aspects of people’s lives. Here are just a few of the ways that cognitive-behavioral therapy is so effective:
- CBT is one of the best forms of therapy for treating eating disorders and creating healthy and nutritious meal plans. Nutrition is very important for mental health, and without a proper diet, it can make the recovery experience more difficult.
- CBT is proven to reduce insomnia and hypersomnia. Without enough sleep, symptoms can appear more frequently and cause individuals to struggle to manage them.
- CBT is one of the best treatments for anxiety and panic disorders and for preventing future panic attacks from occurring.
- For clients with substance use disorder, CBT is perfect for building coping skills to improve their self-control and prevent their cravings from consuming them.
CBT can change a person’s life and help them improve their mental health.
Find Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy for Young Adults at Kiwi Recovery
How can CBT benefit your recovery? Kiwi Recovery is an accredited mental health treatment facility that helps young people learn to cope with difficult emotions or past traumas. We will explain how cognitive-behavioral therapy works and answer any other questions you have about your treatment program.