Anxiety is a very common mental health condition that affects millions of teens and young adults all across the country. If you are researching what anxiety treatment is, you or a loved one is most likely struggling with an anxiety disorder and in need of help before things get worse. While there is no cure for anxiety, there are several treatment options available that can greatly reduce its impact on a person’s day-to-day activities.
At Kiwi Recovery, we offer comprehensive treatment programs that can ease anxiety symptoms and any corresponding addiction or other issues that are fueling the condition. When you first arrive at our treatment center, our team will run a full assessment to determine the best types of therapies and treatments based on your unique symptoms. You will work with an experienced therapist in group and private therapy sessions while bonding with your peers and building supportive relationships. To discover what our young adult anxiety treatment program can do for you or a loved one, pick up the phone at call 617.751.6610 today to speak with our team.
What Is Anxiety Treatment?
What is anxiety? It is a mental health condition that causes individuals to experience overwhelming emotions that can lead to increased heart rates, blood pressure, and frightening panic attacks. These can be so intense that it feels like they are dying. Some of the more common anxiety symptoms include:
- Pounding heart rate
- An overwhelming sense of doom or impending danger
- Stomach issues
- Obsessive worrying
- Trembling and sweating
- Having an overpowering urge to flee without knowing why
Each person’s symptoms will depend on the type of anxiety and their ability to cope with their symptoms. During an anxiety treatment program, clients will participate in group and private therapy sessions while receiving medication to ease any symptoms that are disrupting the recovery experience. For those who have developed an addiction because of their anxiety, therapy will include treatment for the addiction.
At Kiwi Recovery, our goal is to help teens and young adults who are struggling with social anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder, panic disorders, or other types of anxiety disorders. When clients enroll in our program, we will answer any questions they have, like what is anxiety, and go over the different treatment options that are included in the program.
Four Anxiety Treatment Options
Treating the complexities of anxiety and other mental health conditions requires different types of therapies and treatment programs. To effectively treat the disorder, therapists will build a close relationship with each client, so they can uncover the reasons behind their anxiety and teach them healthy coping skills.
Here are four anxiety treatment options that are included in an anxiety treatment program.
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) – This is one of the most popular and beneficial treatment options for anxiety, substance use disorders, and other mental health concerns. It teaches clients how their thoughts and actions are controlling their behaviors and how to prevent them from causing future panic attacks or other anxiety symptoms.
- Holistic therapy – In addition to behavioral therapy, clients will participate in nutrition education, yoga and exercise, creative expression, and other holistic therapies. These programs go a long way toward improving their mental health and teaching them life skills that promote a healthy and happy lifestyle.
- Family therapy – An important part of the recovery process is including family and loved ones who are impacted by the anxiety disorder. All family members will learn about the complexities of anxiety and what it takes to recover. They will also learn how they can become a supporting member in their recovery journey.
Enrolling in an anxiety treatment program is the best option for those whose symptoms are causing problems in their daily lives. If left untreated, anxiety symptoms will only worsen and can lead to addiction and other serious physical and psychological health complications.
Join Kiwi Recovery for Our Young Adult Anxiety Treatment Programs
What is anxiety treatment, and how can it benefit your anxiety disorder? At Kiwi Recovery, our staff has experience treating all types of anxieties and utilizes the latest in behavioral therapies to teach clients how to manage their symptoms and triggers successfully.