At Kiwi Recovery, we understand the complexities of alcohol use disorder (AUD) and its impact on teens and young adults. Our comprehensive alcohol rehab program in Boston, Massachusetts, is designed to help those struggling with alcohol use disorder overcome their addiction and lead healthier, more fulfilling lives. If a teenager or adolescent in your life is struggling with alcohol use disorder and/or accompanying mental health concerns, call 617.545.3344 to speak to our friendly, compassionate staff. We can provide more information on any of our addiction treatment programs and mental health services.
What Is Alcohol Use Disorder?
Alcohol use disorder is a chronic brain disease characterized by compulsive alcohol consumption, loss of control over alcohol intake, and negative emotional states when not consuming alcohol. AUD often co-occurs with common mental health conditions such as depression and anxiety, which can exacerbate the problem and make recovery more challenging.
The Dangers of Untreated Alcohol Use Disorder
If left untreated, AUD can have severe consequences for an individual’s physical and psychological well-being, including:
- Physical harm: Chronic alcohol abuse can lead to liver damage, heart disease, and an increased risk of cancer.
- Psychological harm: AUD can contribute to worsening mental health issues, such as depression and anxiety.
- Social isolation: Individuals with AUD may distance themselves from friends and family, leading to increased feelings of loneliness and isolation.
- Relationship breakdown: AUD can strain relationships with loved ones, potentially resulting in divorce or separation from children.
The Benefits of Professional Alcohol Rehab Treatment Programs
Seeking professional help for AUD is crucial for long-term recovery. At Kiwi Recovery, we offer a variety of benefits through our alcohol rehab program, including:
- Personalized treatment plans – Each patient receives a customized treatment plan tailored to their needs and goals.
- Ongoing support and aftercare – Our team provides continuous support throughout recovery, including aftercare services, to ensure lasting success.
- Coping skills and relapse prevention tools – Patients learn effective strategies to manage stress and triggers, reducing the risk of relapse.
The coping mechanisms, life skills gained, and insight and education into underlying problems fueling the alcohol use disorder will provide the best chance for a positive outcome and successful recovery.
The Alcohol Rehab Program Process
At Kiwi Recovery, our alcohol rehab program consists of several components designed to provide comprehensive care and support:
- Individual therapy – One-on-one sessions with a licensed therapist help patients address the root causes of their addiction and develop healthy coping mechanisms.
- Group therapy – Group sessions allow patients to connect with others in recovery, share experiences, and build a supportive network.
- Recreational activities – Engaging in recreational activities or exercise promotes overall well-being and aids in the recovery process.
- Medical care – Our medical team monitors each patient’s health and provides appropriate care as needed throughout the program.
- Aftercare – Continued support such as 12-step programs or sober alumni events help prevent relapse and maintain recovery.
Evidence-Based and Holistic Therapies for Alcohol Use Disorder
We utilize a combination of evidence-based and holistic therapies to ensure the best possible outcomes for our patients. Some of the most commonly used therapies include:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) – CBT helps patients recognize and change negative thought patterns that contribute to AUD, which leads to positive changes in behavior.
- Vivitrol – This medication can help reduce cravings for alcohol and prevent relapse by blocking the pleasurable effects of alcohol consumption.
- Music therapy – Music therapy can help patients express emotions and promote relaxation during recovery.
- Meditation – Practicing mindfulness and meditation techniques can help patients manage stress, anxiety, and cravings associated with AUD.
We offer many more evidence-based and holistic therapeutic approaches that can be tailored to each person’s specific mental health or substance use disorder.
Contact Kiwi Recovery Today
If your teen or adolescent is struggling with alcohol use disorder, don’t hesitate to reach out for help. At Kiwi Recovery, we’re dedicated to providing compassionate, effective care to help our clients achieve lasting recovery. Contact us today at 617.545.3344 to learn more about our alcohol rehab program in Boston, Massachusetts.